Sunday, September 9, 2007

Foxpro to Postgres Data Converter

Do you remember Foxpro? xBase? Clipper? I'm an old clipper head from way back. Anyway, I ran across something in my recent internet travels that caught my fancy. It may have the longest name of any utility I have ever seen. FoxPro PostgreSQL Import, Export & Convert Software will transfer tables to and from PostgreSQL and FoxPro. I haven't downloaded it yet so I can say how well it works but it's a neat idea. I'm guessing it can handle DBF files so that would make it compatible with dBase, Foxpro, Clipper and may other tools. It's a shareware program and I don't see a price. It's been a while since I even ran across shareare. That's a flashback for me too. I use to write and sell shareware. Anyway, here's the blurb for it:

This application will allow you to transfer tables to and from PostgreSQL and FoxPro databases. Importing and exporting can be done without SQL knowledge. This program saves time if you need to transfer tables between the two databases quickly. Connect via DBC file or multiple DBF files in a folder.
Take care, LewisC